Lost Childhood Object
For this project, I created the lost childhood object of Joy. She described to me the little Perler bead foods that she made for her Shopkins, which were stored in an iPhone box. For the iPhone box, I used a white box, drew an iPhone on it, and wrote "iPhone" on the sides. Then, I cut out the apple logo from aluminum foil to put on the sides. For the bead food, I tried to glue them together with hot glue in order to get the smell of plastic that you often get with Perler beads. The glue did not hold very well, though, so I kept three items glued and sewed the rest together using thread. I made an ice cream cone, carrots, strawberries, oranges, a sandwich, and Oreo cookies. Finally, so that the food could be used, I made a Shopkin out of air-dry clay and paint. It was fun giving the gift to Joy and seeing her reaction. She seemed pleased and shocked. I kept seeing her look through the food and at the Shopkin throughout class, which was fun to see! Given the time allotted for this project, I think it went pretty well. It was also fun receiving my gift--a Pillow Pet unicorn. It was great to see the recreation and brought up some cozy childhood memories of me lying on the floor of my room with it.



Comments
Post a Comment